Friday, September 14, 2012

Welcome Welcome Welcome!

Welcome! This is my first time having a blog so I'm a little rusty! Please be kind :). I am always reading other teacher's blogs and it looks like so much fun! Also, a lot of hard work... :) I love sharing ideas and getting ideas from other folks.

I wanted to share the story of how this blog came to be. I try to stay positive, so I will leave some details out. :) (I love to make those smilies, if you have noticed.) 

To say that I am excited about my job is an understatement. I think that children should feel safe, important, and home when they come into my classroom. After all, it is our home for most of the week. I love to hear the things the children say (giggle giggle), I love to see their faces when they learn something new, and I love to see the growth they make from first steps through my door.

This is my third year teaching kindergarten and as a licensed teacher.  The day I graduated was my biggest accomplishment.  Before teaching, for about six years, I worked in early childhood centers, mother's day out, gave guitar lessons to six year olds, baby sat, you name it!  Most of the time all of these things at once.  Through all of that time I never grew tired of coming to work and it didn't matter what kind of things went badly in my life. When I got in there singing sings and reading stories to the kids, it all went a way.   That is how I got here.

No comments :

Post a Comment