Thursday, August 4, 2016

New ROOM! 2016-2017

There is always some delay in my posts! So hard to keep up with at times! Here is an update! At the end of last year we were given our classroom assignments and grades! I got to stay in first! Woot! But... I moved to a classroom down the hall.  I was okay with this (am I crazy!?!) because the new room was a clean slate, had a dry erase board, and had no wall AC units.  Most our classrooms in my school still have chalkboards and no white boards! Yuk! Plus we have AC units that take up most space on an entire wall.  My new room has air vents in the ceiling! MORE WALL SPACE!

I know most of you know Melanie's beautiful classroom decorations from SchoolGirl Syle. I simply fell in LOVE with the Color My Classroom decor. I knew that it was what I've been waiting for! All the colors! My heart swoons! I began a week after school ended in June. I have worked ALL... SUMMER... LONG.. on my classroom! Our school allows us to paint any colors we choose.  My last room was orange and mint green.  It was nice but after a while it was too loud! Not to mention any decor I placed on my walls had to match.  So in June I painted bright white and a light gray which turned out so beautifully! I figure as much as I change my mind on decor every year, I will be able to pick any look and on these walls it'll still look great!  I took Melanie's advice or what I've seen her do and painted all of my furniture to match.  Let's face it! Ain't NONE of our furniture matches unless you are so lucky.  Excuse my "ain't" but I have a slight attitude here. ;) We were once again denied any new furniture other than some chairs. My friend from third grade had NO chairs up until parent night I'm pretty sure! Not sure how that happened.

Anyways... moving on...

My last classroom room had a GIANT rug for 30 students to sit on which was too large for  my classroom.  I donated that to a classroom down the hall and wrote a Donor's Choose to get a new rug funded!  It was funded in less than two hours! :) It came in a few hours before parent night.  I was so happy, minus the new carpet smell that filled my room.  Here are some pictures, although I am STILL working!

Writing Center: YES, I copied Melanie's cute supplies idea!
My small group table! Spray painted my chairs to match my color scheme! Ignore the box in the background! I'm still working!
 Check out that new rug!!! Thank you Donor's Choose and the selfless people who donated! It matches all the fabric in my classroom!
 My theme is art so what is better than having my desk groups named after an artist! "da Vinci table please line up!" I was low on cash so I created nameplates by cutting the paint chip border up and putting my students' names on the cut pieces.
I painted this old computer table white and added fabric beneath to hide my junk! On top I show off my cute math manipulative buckets!

 I spray painted these chairs and purchased the cute pillows from Amazon.  What kiddo doesn't want to sit there and read!?!
 The desk took a little bit of work, but it turned out really nice! What a nice place to sit after school to plan, grade papers, and just take a moment to myself!






 Crates to store tissues, wipes, etc. The fabric covers my cubbies which I stored my things.  I have a very small closet that doesn't give me much space.  The students now have a cubby by the door.  I will post that later!
 I LOVE my book area! I painted both shelves of course! Labeled all of my books by guided reading level.

This room is going to ROCK this year! I have a few more places to show, but I'm still working on it!

No comments :

Post a Comment