Saturday, July 26, 2014

Farewell Kindergarten...Hello First Grade

For as long as I can remember I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher.   Throughout all my years of college, I wanted to teach kindergarten.  I was overjoyed that for my first teaching job I started teaching energetic, sweet  five year olds. After four years of teaching kindergarten I've now decided to up and move schools.  
This year I'll begin teaching at Pleasant View Elementary.   

My decision for the change is for one that my awesome and kick butt little sister teaches kindergarten there! For the last two years we have shared ideas and our classroom stories.  We have faced time our classes and had our children write letters back and forth.  In March my sister told me that a few people would be leaving and that they were looking into getting another k teacher!  The more my sister and I talked the more it seemed a dream could come true! Teach with my SISTER!?! 


April and May went by so quickly and before I knew it I had interviewed and got a call from the principal.  "I'd like to offer you a position as a... first grade teacher."  I immediately accepted of course, but slowly it began to hit me.  I will be a first grade teacher.  All of my materials are for kindergarten.  All I've ever known is kindergarten.  I LOVE kindergarten! 

It took a little while but now I find myself very excited about this experience.  And HEY maybe the kids will already know how to stand in line, raise their hands, and follow directions, right!?! 

Although I will not be teaching right next to my sister, I will at least be two doors down.  Needless to say they may have to turn the lights out and kick my sister and I out to get us to leave!  

From now on 180 Days in Kindergarten may be 180 Days in First Grade.  :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment