Wednesday, October 24, 2012

First ONE DOWN!


Wow!  I just had my first evaluation of the school year! It was announced, but that doesn't take the nerves away.  I wasn't as nervous this time.  I have just decided that I do what I do everyday even when someone steps into my room.  Hey! Just a way for my kiddos and I to show off how much fun we have and how much we learn!
The hardest part about my lesson was that it was math...after lunch...for an hour! You can image that it has to be pretty high energy to keep their focus.  We started off by doing calendar math, karate counting, our Smartie Factory, and our weather graph.  The children have a math folder which has a copy of a blank 100's chart and weather graph.  Each day they color in the weather on the graph and also write in how many more days "smart"er they are (days of school). 
After calendar math, we either do a mini lesson or journal question. For my eval, it was spider web ten frames and candy corn "flies".  They got to eat them at snack! Woot woot!
Lastly, we go to math centers which right now are all spider and pumpkin themed!  They LOVE it! 
We closed our math time by checking in and what we learned and what went well and what we can work on next time.  As each child took a turn we passed around black yarn and made a spider web. 
 "Look at all the learning we caught in our webs today!"
I was VERY pleased with my scores from my lesson! 


No comments :

Post a Comment